Department of Hindi
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Hindi was established in 1973. The college offers Elective Hindi and Hindi Honors to the students of Bachelor of Arts. The syllabus for Elective Hindi covers Hindi literature from the medieval period to literature of 20th century. In 1993, the college initiated Hindi Honors. The students opting for Honors are required to study one paper each in all the four semesters of B.A II and B.A III. The graduates of this program are eligible for pursuing post-graduation, Indian Administrative Services and Indian Foreign Services. The students can also opt for P.G Diploma in Translation and thereafter, pursue translation as a profession. Other career options including mass media , creative writing and teaching are also open to them . Moreover , Honors in Hindi provides a strong , additional foundation for pursuing the subject at Post Graduate level . The Department of Hindi regularly conducts activities for the students like debates , declamations , poetry recitation , story writing , on the spot writing competitions under the banner of ‘Mahadevi Verma Hindi Ssahitiyik Parishad’.
- Hindi Elective with 3 years duration for students of Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Hindi Honors (in each semester of BA II and BA III)
|Name & Email||
with ISSN no.
|Articles/ Chapters in books with ISBN no.||
Dr. Pratibha Kumari
|Vidya Niwas Mishra ke Nibandhon Mein Sanskritik Chetna|
Dr. Sunila Sharma
|Changed Sensibility After Sixties in Hindi Plays|
AWARDS/RECOGNITION OF FACULTY
- Dr Pratibha Kumari awarded on 15 Oct, 2015 by Akhil Bhartiya Sahitya Parishad Avam Vivekanand Vichar Manch, Chandigarh for her contribution Hindi literature.
- No. of Hindi Books in the library- 3717
- No. of Hindi journals in the library- 04
- No. of Hindi magazines in the library- 11
- A play entitled ‘Andher Nageri Chaupat Raja’ was organised by Hindi Department on 12 Feb, 2014.
- On the spot writing competition was organised by Hindi Department on Nov 18, 2014.
- An extention lecture was organised in the college premises by the department on Feb 2, 2015. The main speaker was Dr. Yojna Rawat, Professor, USOL, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- A Group Discussion on the play ‘Mr. Abhimanyu’ was organised on March 2 , 2015.
- A Group Discussion on creations of Kabir, Munshi Premchand and Kalidas was organised on 2nd Feb, 2016.