Department of Punjabi
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
In our college, Department of Punjabi started in 1973. The subject is taught at undergraduate level both as compulsory and elective. There is a vast collection of books on Punjabi literature, language, criticism and translation work by eminent authors in the library. In the college library, there are various titles concerning Punjabi literature, grammar, Language, poetry,novel stories, encyclopedia, mythological, gurbani and folk-lore ,total number of books on the subject in the college library is 3231.
|Name & Email||
with ISSN no.
|Articles/ Chapters in books with ISBN no.||
Mrs. Manpinder Kaur
||—||—||—||4||2||2- RC||Sufi Poetry|
Dr. Harvinder Chahal
Ms. Harpreet Kaur
- BA with three years duration
- B.Com I, BBA I, BCA I, B.Sc I, B.Sc (Bio-tech honours)
- Shiv Kumar Batalvi Society of Punjabi department organized a street play- TOYA written by Gursharn Singh in college campus on 15-11-2016.
- Punjabi department organized Book reading and discussion workshop on Sohinder Singh Vanjara Bedi’s auto-biography titled “Galiye Chikar Dur Ghar” on February 5, 2015.
- Punjabi department organized a Multi- disciplinary National seminar on Violence, Memory and Identity in GGDSD College on 4-11-2015.
- Shiv Kumar Batalvi Society of Punjabi department organized a Poetry Competition in 2014.
- Shiv Kumar Batalvi Society of Punjabi department organized a ru-b-ru with Col. Jasbir Bhullar, an eminent writer from the world of Punjabi literature on 08 February 2011.