Department of Hindi
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Hindi was established in 1973. The college offers Elective Hindi and Hindi Honors to the students of Bachelor of Arts. The syllabus for Elective Hindi covers Hindi literature from the medieval period to literature of 20th century. In 1993, the college initiated Hindi Honors. The students opting for Honors are required to study one paper each in all the four semesters of B.A II and B.A III. The graduates of this program are eligible for pursuing post-graduation, Indian Administrative Services and Indian Foreign Services. The students can also opt for P.G Diploma in Translation and thereafter, pursue translation as a profession. Other career options including mass media , creative writing and teaching are also open to them . Moreover , Honors in Hindi provides a strong , additional foundation for pursuing the subject at Post Graduate level . The Department of Hindi regularly conducts activities for the students like debates , declamations , poetry recitation , story writing , on the spot writing competitions under the banner of ‘Mahadevi Verma Hindi Ssahitiyik Parishad’.
- Hindi Elective with 3 years duration for students of Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Hindi Honors (in each semester of BA II and BA III)
|Name & Email
||No. of Publications with ISSN number
||No. of Books with ISBN number
Orientation courses /FDP attended
|Dr. Pratibha Kumari
||5 Chapter in Books
||Vidyaniwas Mishra Ke Nibandhon Mein Sanskritik Chetna
||2(Chapter in Books)
AWARDS/RECOGNITION OF FACULTY
- Selected twice as a member of the Undergraduate Board of Studies (Hindi) from April 7, 2017 to March 31, 2019 and April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2021.
- Dr Pratibha Kumari Nominated Non-ex-officio member of General Council of Chandigarh Sahitya Akademi by Department of Cultural Affairs, Chandigarh Administration for two years from March 12, 2018.
- Dr Pratibha Kumari awarded on 15 Oct, 2015 by Akhil Bhartiya Sahitya Parishad Avam Vivekanand Vichar Manch, Chandigarh for her contribution Hindi literature.
- Delivered an expert talk in program ‘GallanTeGeet’ telecasted on Doordarshan, aired on June 28, 2018. The topic of the talk was Sant Kabir Ji.
- No. of Hindi Books in the library- 3717
- No. of Hindi journals in the library- 04
- No. of Hindi magazines in the library- 11
- Department of Hindi, in collaboration with Department of Sanskrit, organised a webinar on the topic ‘Nayi Shiksha Neeti Mein Bharat ka Sthan’ on August 21, 2021. The main speaker of the event, Prof. Rajeshwar Prasad Mishra, retired chairperson from Department from Sanskrit, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra enlightened the audience on the importance of Sanskrit literature and the role of education in the development of our country.
- Department of Hindi, in collaboration with Central Bank of India, celebrated Hindi Diwas on September 14, 2021 at Goswami Ganesh Dutta Sanatan Dharam College, Sector 32, Chandigarh. A talk, on the role and importance of Hindi Sahitya, was organised in the college. The main speaker of the event was Dr. Gurmeet Singh, Professor in Department of Hindi, Panjab University, Chandigarh. Dr. Pratibha Kumari, Head of Department, gave opening remarks for the event and talked about the beauty of the language. Dr. Devi Singh conducted the stage for the event.
- Under the aegis of Reader’s Club, Hindi department and college library jointly celebrated the Shaheedi Diwas of Shaheed Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru on March 22, 2022. Multiple competitions like poetry recitation, declamation, poster making and book mark making were organized. The theme for the event was patriotism. More than 70 students participated in the celebrations.
- Hindi department, in collaboration with the Department of Sanskrit, organized an expert lecture on the topic ‘Bhartiya Parampara me Yog ka Sthan’ on June 1, 2022. The key note speaker for the event was Mr. Gunanidhi Sharma, Yoga and Sanskrit teacher from Government College Of Yoga Education and Health, Sector 23, Chandigarh. The students were not only made aware of the benefits and importance of yoga but were also given live demonstration of how to perform various asanas. More than 50 students attended the talk.
- Hindi department, in collaboration with the Department of Sanskrit, organized a workshop on ‘Information Technology and Official Language Hindi’ on June 9, 2022. The key note speaker for the workshop was Mr. Lokesh Sharma, Officer of Hindi, CSIR, Chandigarh. The workshop proved extremely useful for the participants. More than 70 students participated in the workshop
- Dr. Pratibha Kumari delivered an expert lecture on the topic ‘Vaishvik Star Par Hindi’ at the Bank of Baroda on January 10,2020.
- Dr. Pratibha Kumari headed the Technical Session at the International Seminar organized by DAV College, (Pundri) on March 04,2020.
- Webinar on ‘PaschatyaPrabhavkeKaaranBhartiyaSahityaaurSanskriti me Parivartan’ was organized by the Department of Hindi on December 16, 2020. Dr. Harmehander Singh Bedi, Chancellor, Central University of Himachal Pradesh, was the key note speaker in the webinar.
- Department of Hindi, in collaboration with IQAC, conducted an interactive session on the topic ‘Women Empowerment and Calm in Crisis’ on the occasion of Woman’s Day on March 8, 2021.
- NATIONAL SEMINAR on the topic ‘Vaishvik Dharatal Par Hindi’ was organized by the Hindi Department of G.G.D.S.D College on February 2, 2019.
- Dr. Pratibha Kumari delivered an expert lecture on March 1,2019 in the International seminar organized by Post Graduate Government College, sector 11, Chandigarh.
- The Hindi Department in collaboration with Central Bank of India organized an expert lecture on the occasion of Hindi Divas on September 14,2019.
- A book entitled ‘Vishvik Dharatal Par Hindi’ was published with ISBN number 978-81-8247-774-2(2019).
- Department of Hindi, in collaboration with Central Bank of India, celebrated Hindi Diwas by organizing a webinar on ‘Hindi Sahitya Ki Mahatta’ on September 14, 2019. Dr. Madhav Kaushik, Adyaksh, Hindi SahityaAkademi, Candigarh was the key note speaker for the event.
- On the occassion of Hindi Divas On 14.9.2018 the spot writing contest and Declamation Contest was held.
- Bhagat Singh’s Shaheedi Diwas was celebrated on March 23, 2018. An exhibition of books on Bhagat Singh’s life was displayed in the library.
- A Group Discussion on creations of Kabir, Munshi Premchand and Kalidas was organised on 2nd Feb, 2016.
- Poem recitation was organised under the banner of Reader’s Club on September 17, 2016.
- Hindi Diwas was celebrated on September 14, 2017.
- Poetry recitation competition was organised and a skit was staged on the occasion of Matribhasha Diwas on Feburary 21, 2017.
- An extention lecture was organised in the college premises by the department on Feb 2, 2015. The main speaker was Dr. Yojna Rawat, Professor, USOL, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- A Group Discussion on the play ‘Mr. Abhimanyu’ was organised on March 2, 2015.
- A play entitled ‘Andher Nageri Chaupat Raja’ was organised by Hindi Department on 12 Feb, 2014.
- On the spot writing competition was organised by Hindi Department on Nov 18, 2014.