Department of Hindi
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Hindi was established in 1973. The college offers Elective Hindi and Hindi Honors to the students of Bachelor of Arts. The syllabus for Elective Hindi covers Hindi literature from the medieval period to literature of 20th century. In 1993, the college initiated Hindi Honors. The students opting for Honors are required to study one paper each in all the four semesters of B.A II and B.A III. The graduates of this program are eligible for pursuing post-graduation, Indian Administrative Services and Indian Foreign Services. The students can also opt for P.G Diploma in Translation and thereafter, pursue translation as a profession. Other career options including mass media , creative writing and teaching are also open to them . Moreover , Honors in Hindi provides a strong , additional foundation for pursuing the subject at Post Graduate level . The Department of Hindi regularly conducts activities for the students like debates , declamations , poetry recitation , story writing , on the spot writing competitions under the banner of ‘Mahadevi Verma Hindi Ssahitiyik Parishad’.
- Hindi Elective with 3 years duration for students of Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Hindi Honors (in each semester of BA II and BA III)
|Name & Email||No. of Publications with ISSN number||No. of Books with ISBN number||Oral/poster present-ation||Conferences/ seminar attended||Workshop attended||Refresher/ Orientation courses /FDP attended||Area of Specialization|
|Dr. Pratibha Kumari Pratibha@ggdsd.ac.in||11||5||21||8||4||1- OC 3-RC FDP-3||Vidyaniwas Mishra Ke Nibandhon Mein Sanskritik Chetna|
|Ms Sharmila||6||2(Chapter in Books)||5||5||—||—||Pursuing Ph.D|
AWARDS/RECOGNITION OF FACULTY
- Selected as a member of the Undergraduate Board of Studies (Hindi) from April 1, 2017 to March 31, 2019
- Dr Pratibha Kumari Nominated Non-ex-officio member of General Council of Chandigarh Sahitya Akademi by Department of Cultural Affairs, Chandigarh Administration for two years from March 12, 2018.
- Dr Pratibha Kumari awarded on 15 Oct, 2015 by Akhil Bhartiya Sahitya Parishad Avam Vivekanand Vichar Manch, Chandigarh for her contribution Hindi literature.
- No. of Hindi Books in the library- 3717
- No. of Hindi journals in the library- 04
- No. of Hindi magazines in the library- 11
- Dr. Pratibha Kumari delivered an expert lecture on the topic ‘Vaishvik Star Par Hindi’ at the Bank of Baroda on January 10,2020.
- Dr. Pratibha Kumari headed the Technical Session at the International Seminar organized by DAV College, (Pundri) on March 04,2020.
- NATIONAL SEMINAR on the topic ‘Vaishvik Dharatal Par Hindi’ was organized by the Hindi Department of G.G.D.S.D College on February 2, 2019.
- Dr. Pratibha Kumari delivered an expert lecture on March 1,2019 in the International seminar organized by Post Graduate Government College, sector 11, Chandigarh.
- The Hindi Department in collaboration with Central Bank of India organized an expert lecture on the occasion of Hindi Divas on September 14,2019.
- A book entitled ‘Vishvik Dharatal Par Hindi’ was published with ISBN number 978-81-8247-774-2(2019).
- On the occassion of Hindi Divas On 14.9.2018 the spot writing contest and Declamation Contest was held.
- Bhagat Singh’s Shaheedi Diwas was celebrated on March 23, 2018. An exhibition of books on Bhagat Singh’s life was displayed in the library.
- A Group Discussion on creations of Kabir, Munshi Premchand and Kalidas was organised on 2nd Feb, 2016.
- Poem recitation was organised under the banner of Reader’s Club on September 17, 2016.
- Hindi Diwas was celebrated on September 14, 2017.
- Poetry recitation competition was organised and a skit was staged on the occasion of Matribhasha Diwas on Feburary 21, 2017.
- An extention lecture was organised in the college premises by the department on Feb 2, 2015. The main speaker was Dr. Yojna Rawat, Professor, USOL, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- A Group Discussion on the play ‘Mr. Abhimanyu’ was organised on March 2, 2015.
- A play entitled ‘Andher Nageri Chaupat Raja’ was organised by Hindi Department on 12 Feb, 2014.
- On the spot writing competition was organised by Hindi Department on Nov 18, 2014.