Department of History
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
- The department of history of GGD SD College bears oldest traditions of higher education.
- It was started in 1973 as a UG programme.
- In the history department our vision and mission to provide higher education opportunities to all, especially to the socially, academically and economically disadvantaged students, so as to produce value-based graduates and to make them good citizens and eventually good human beings.
|Courses Offered||Duration||Subject||Seats||Academic Qualification||Mode of admission|
|B.Sc (Hons)||1 years||H.C.P||—||10+2||Merit|
|Courses Offered||Name & Email||No. of Publications with ISSN number||No. of Books with ISBN number||
Orientation courses /FDP attended
|Area of Specialization|
Dr. M. Pramod
M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D.
|Ancient Indian History and Archaeology|
Ms. Parampreet Kaur
M.A., M.Phil ,
Diploma in Persian and French Language
|Medieval India and Modern Punjab|
Ms. Sarika Dhiman
M.A., UGC NET (SRF),
Advance Diploma in Russian Languagesarika@ggdsd.ac.in
|Ancient Indian History and Culture|
Dr. Shikha Sharma|
M.A., Ph. D.
|Modern History of Punjab.|
Ms. Sunita Panigrahy
M.A., M.Phil ,
|Modern Indian History|
FACULTY AS MEMBERS COMMITTEES/ EDITORIAL BOARDS/ BOARD OF STUDIES
- Ms. Parampreet Kaur : Indian History Congress, Punjab History Congress.
- Ms. Shikha Sharma : Indian History Congress, Punjab History Congress.
- Ms. Sunita Panigrahy : Indian History Congress, Odisha History Congress, Punjab History Conference, Institute of Historical Studies, Kolkata.
- College library has a wide collection of more than 1695 Titles.
- Titles are on History, Culture, pre history and Archaeology.
- Nine magazines and journals are subscribed.
- In addition to this, the college has INFLIBNET connection from UGC, New Delhi, through which the students can access online national and international journals and research materials.
- There are 62 titles on INFLIBNET. The Book Bank of the college lends books to the needy students throughout the session.
- Information Communication Technology (ICT) is of great help for the students and teachers.
- ICT skills up gradation.
- Students of History Department participated in History Quiz organized by DAV, Sector 10, Chandigarh.
- A Documentary movie on the making of Constitution was shown to the students.
- Students of History Department participated in History Quiz organized by PG Govt. College, Sector 11 and won second prize.
- Students of History Department Visited Haryana Legislative Assembly alongwith the Department of Political Science.
- A Documentary movie on the making of Constitution was shown to the students in collaboration with Department of Political Science.
- National Seminar on ” Socio Economic Impact of Green Economy and Sustainable Development” was held in collaboration with Economics Department in the College on 12 February, 2015.
- Students of History Department participated in History Quiz organized by M.C.M DAV College, Sector 36 and won second prize.
- Students of History Department participated in the Declamation Contest by M.C.M DAV College, Sector 36 and place 2nd.
- National Seminar was organized on the topic Violence, Memory and Identity’ in collaboration with the Department of Political Science and Sociology.
- ICSSR Sponsored National Seminar on “Continuity of Harappan Culture in the Indian Historical Context ” was conducted by the Department of History in the college on 10th March 2014.
- Students of History Department participated in History Quiz organized by DAV College, Sector 10, Chandigarh and won second prize.
- Historical Trip was organized to Amritsar.
- Seminar on “Domestic Violence” was organized in collaboration with the department of Political Science.
- Historical Trip was organised to Jaipur and Jodhpur.