Department of Public Administration
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The discipline of Public Administration began as a scientific and systematic study of functions of government in numerous spheres and at multiple levels. It is primarily associated with the organization of government strategies and programs as well as the behavior of officials formally responsible for the smooth conduct of their roles and responsibilities. It generally prepares the civil servants for working in the public service. As a ‘field of inquiry with a diverse scope’, its fundamental goal is the advancement of management through the application of innovative ways to enhance the functioning of government. Public Administration is a combination of both theory and practice. Public Administration was born in 1887 as a discipline, but as an activity Public Administration is as old as human existence itself. The intellectual roots of Public Administration are laid down with the magnificent and phenomenal thoughts of T. Woodrow Wilson who is reckoned as the father of Public Administration. He is credited with acknowledging the contribution of Public Administration in the ever transforming scenario of democratic polity. The advocacy of Public Administration as science and its relevance as a magnificent activity as well as distinctive discipline in the contemporary epoch is accredited to his industrious efforts. The modern epoch has witnessed the universal of Universal approach of Public Administration in all walks of life, across every domain as well as at all levels of sodality. As a social science discipline, Public Administration has been evolving with strenuous efforts and contributions of eminent thinkers and academicians at the global level. In Goswami Ganesh Dutta Sanatan Dharma College, Chandigarh, the Department of Public Administration was set up in 1981. Mr. Rakesh Mehta was the first faculty of the subject in the college. With the optimistic approach and firm efforts of the department members, the strength of students enrolled in Public Administration proliferated gradually with the passage of time. With the perplexing scope and interdisciplinary approach, its relevance and higher probability of employment opportunities in Civil Services, Corporate sector, Administrative Domain and Market Arena; the admission of students depict the upwards trend being favored by both genders.
|Courses Offered||Duration||Seats||Academic Qualification||Mode of admission|
|Name & Email||No. of Publications with ISSN number||No. of Books with ISBN number||Oral/ poster present- ation||Conferences/ seminar attended||Workshop attended||Refresher/ Orientation courses /FDP attended||Area of Specialization|
| Dr. Rupinder Aulakh
MA (Pub Adm), MA (Eco), MBA (HR), MPhil (Pub Adm), UGC-NET (Pub Adm), PGDHRD, Ph.D
|14||–||15||20||15||4||Personnel Administration and Women Empowerment|
MA (Pub Adm), UGC-NET (Pub Adm), Pursuing Ph.D
- All facilities and infrastructure provided by the college- classrooms, lecture theatres, library, seminar halls and so on. The college library has a wide collection of approximately 694 books on the various aspects concerned with the subject.
|1.||A Quiz on “Public Administration and General Awareness” was conducted and 173 Students appeared for the same.||22st December, 2020|
|2.||An Article Writing Activity was conducted on “Role of Public Administration amid Covid 19” and 67 students participated for the same.||13-19 February, 2021|
- Activity Organized Report The Department of Public Administration, Goswami Ganesh Dutta Sanatan Dharma College, Chandigarh has conducted a Slogan Writing competition on “PRIVATIZATION OF PUBLIC SECTOR ENTERPRISES” on 16th October, 2021 through online mode. All the students were invited for the competition. The students were given a Google Forms link to submit their registration details and slogan. A total of 149 students participated in the competition. All the students have shown good enthusiasm. The students who secured merit are as follows: Certificate of Merit to top three participants and Certificate of Participation to rest of the students will be given.
- Activity Organized Report – The Department of Public Administration, Goswami Ganesh Dutta Sanatan Dharama College, Chandigarh conducted a Digital Essay Writing competition on “ROLE OF YOUTH IN ENVIRONMENT PROTECTION” on 13th November, 2021 among all the BA Public Administration students. The students were given a Google Forms link to upload their essay. A total of 88 students participated in the competition. The students who secured merit are as follows: Certificate of Merit to top three participants and Certificate of Participation to rest of the students will be given.
- HANDS-ON WORKSHOP BY DR. VIBHA SHARMA – 3. April 9th, 2022: The Department of Public Administration, GGDSD College, organized a hands-on workshop, titled ‘Igniting Minds through Experiential Learning’ in the mini auditorium of the campus. Dr. Ajay Sharma, Principal GGDSD College, Dr. Madhu Sharma, Dean Arts and Dr. Rupinder Aulakh, the Head of Department welcomed the honorable resource person, Dr. Vibha Sharma, Associate Professor and Head, Dept. of Public Administration, MCM DAV College, Chandigarh. Dr. Vibha Sharma exhibited an active, learner-centric methodology where the learners put knowledge and skills to use in a meaningful and relevant manner. It provided an opportunity for learners to apply what they’d been taught to solve real life challenges. They tested their understanding of underlying principles, and procedures to achieve best outcomes. The event concluded with a vote of thanks by Dr. Rupinder Aulakh to extend her gratitude to the speaker and all the eminent members.
- JASHN-E-HUNAR : SKILL FEST – 4. April 27th, 2022 : Celebrating the golden jubilee year, the Department of Punjabi, in collaboration with the Department of Public Administration of GGDSD College organised a skill festival, ‘JASHN-E-HUNAR’ under seven categories, namely, Mehendi, Pot Painting, Fabric Painting, Hair Styling, Extempore, Act a Celebrity and Charismatic Personality. The event was hosted by Ms. Harpreet Kaur Sandhu and it witnessed outstanding participation of about 100 students. The judges, Dr. Priya Chadha, Dr. Ruchi Sharma and Dr. Preeti Vohra announced a total of 21 prizes. Principal, Dr. Ajay Sharma and Dean of Arts, Dr. Madhu Sharma graciously presided over the event. The event concluded with the vote of thanks by Ms. Rupam Mahipal.