RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT – 2005Goswami Ganesh Dutta Sanatan Dharma College was incepted 3rd July, 1973 in the revered memory of Goswami Ganesh Dutta Ji, who envisioned Chandigarh as a focal point of culture and saw it as a potential hub for Sanatanist activities. G.GD.S.D. College Chandigarh, the most renowned and reputed college, which has been accredited ‘A’ grade by NAAC and accorded the status of ‘A College with Potential for Excellence’ by UGC. The college has added another feather to its cap by being selected under ‘Star College Scheme’ of the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. of India, New Delhi. We are the first ever college of Panjab University to be selected under ‘FIST Program 2010’ of Dept. of Science and Technology, Govt. of India. The College has been functioning in a transparent manner. The Right to Information Act 2005 has been implemented at this College. Any person can get the information relating to this College subject to the various provisions of this Act. The Principal of the College has been appointed as the Information Officer and Assistant Public Information Officer has also been appointed in the Office of the Principal for the assistance to deal with the supply of any kind of information under this Act. It is hoped that the information put under the public domain through College Website would facilitate the citizens to access information through electronic mode, thereby avoiding, to the extent possible, inconvenience to ask formally for such information as may be already open to them. While compiling the information due care has been exercised. However, if any mistake has crept into due to inadvertence, it is subject to correction.
The following information/ documents have been put on Internet on the College Website – GGDSD College
The information sought by any one will be supplied as per the provisions of RTI Act, 2005.
- All citizens posses the right to information
- Information can be obtained within 30 days from the date of request in a normal case.
- If information is a matter of life or liberty of a person, it can be obtained within 48 hours from time of request.
- An appeal against the decision of the Public Information Officer can be made to an officer who is senior in rank.
- Information, disclosure of which would prejudicially affect the sovereignty and integrity of India, the security, strategic, scientific or economic interests of the State, relation with foreign State or lead to incitement of an offence
- Information which has been expressly forbidden to be published by any court of law or tribunal or the disclosure of which may constitute contempt of court
- Information, the disclosure of which would cause a breach of privilege or Parliament or the State Legislature.
- Information including commercial confidence, trade secrets or intellectual property, the disclosure of which would harm the competitive position of a third party, unless the competent authority is satisfied that larger public interest warrants the disclosure of such information;
- Information available to a person in his fiduciary relationship, unless the competent authority is satisfied that the larger public interest warrants the disclosure of such information
- Information received in confidence from foreign Government
- Information, the disclosure of which would endanger the life or physical safety of any person or identify the source of information or assistance given in confidence for law enforcement or security purposes
- Information which would impede the process of investigation or apprehension or prosecution of offenders
- Cabinet papers including records of deliberations of the Council of Ministers, Secretaries and other officers
- Information which relates to personal information the disclosure of which has no relationship to any public activity or interest, or which would cause unwarranted invasion of the privacy of the individual
- Notwithstanding any of the exemptions listed above, a public authority may allow access to information, if public interest in disclosure outweighs the harm to the protected interests
Partial disclosure is allowed:
Only that part of the record which does not contain any information which is exempt from disclosure and which can reasonably be severed from any part that contains exempt information, may be provided.
|Name Of The College Address||Goswami Ganesh Dutta S.D. College, Sector 32 C , Chandigarh|
|Name of PIO, Full postal Address, Phone Number and E-mail address||Vishavjeet Sofat, Superintendent,G.G.D.S.D. College Sector 32 C Chandigarh PINCODE : 160030 0171-4912400, email@example.com|
|Name of First Appellate Authority, Full postal Address, Phone Number and E-mail address||Dr. Ajay Sharma Principal, G.G.D.S.D. College Sector 32 C Chandigarh PINCODE : 160030 0171-4912400, firstname.lastname@example.org|
- Phone No. +91-172-4912400, 2600090
- Email: email@example.com
- website: www.ggdsd.ac.in