Department of Political Science
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The department of political science is one of the oldest departments established in 1973 with the very inception of the college having the mission to impart academic excellence with value based knowledge. The department is committed to cultivate confidence in the students for the competitive world. The department is presently having 970 students to groom. The department is having association with the Model United Nations Club ( SDMUN Club) also. The objective of the department is to produce not only good politicians, officials and entrepreneurs but also to produce good human beings.
|Courses Offered||Duration||Seats||Academic Qualification||Mode of admission|
|Name & Email||No. of Publications with ISSN number||No. of Books with ISBN number||
Orientation courses /FDP attended
|Area of Specialization|
Ms. Seema Kumari
M.A., M.Phil., NET
|Electoral Politics and Grassroot Democracy|
Ms. Monika Soni
|17||3||14||4||3||5||Human Rights and Policing|
Ms. Prerna Trehan
M.A. , M. Phil, NET
|1||–||4||3||1||–||Dalit Politics and Political culture|
All facilities and infrastructure provided by the college- class rooms, lecture theatres, library, seminar halls, IT centre and so on
- Organised trip to Punjab and Haryana High Court
- Screening of Documentary, Samvidhan- Making if the Indian Constitution.
- Organised 5th SD MUN on the theme, “Fen Nieuw.”
- Electoral literacy club of department conducted inter-college declamation contest.
- Organised UGC sponsored Moot Court on Human Rights with Dr. Vinay Kapoor Mehra, State Information Commissioner as the keynote speaker.
- Organised talk on “Women atrocities- A fast growing menace to healthy society” by Dr. Charanjit Singh.
- Screening of a Documentary
- Extension Lecture by Dr. Sucha Singh Gill on Life and philosophy of Bhagat Singh.
- Seminar on Violence , Memory, Identity.
- Visit to Vidhan Sabha( Haryana)
- Samvidhan-Making of the Constitution.
- Visit to Haryana Legislative Assembly
- Visit to High Court
- Seminar on Domestic Violence