Department of Political Science
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The department of political science is one of the oldest departments established in 1973 with the very inception of the college having the mission to impart academic excellence with value based knowledge. The department is committed to cultivate confidence in the students for the competitive world. The department is presently having 1000 students to groom. The department is having association with the Model United Nations Club ( SDMUN Club).The department is also having Electoral Literacy Club to strengthen democracy of India and it regularly conducts various programes to make aware the importance of a democratic country. The objective of the department is to produce not only good politicians, officials and entrepreneurs but also to produce good human beings.
||Mode of admission
||Marks in 10+2
||Based on Merit
|B.A. HONOURS (Political Science)
||At least 50% marks in Political Science in B.A. 1st year
||Based on Merit
|Name & Email
||No. of Publications with ISSN number
||No. of Books with ISBN number
||Conferences/ seminar attended
Orientation courses /FDP attended
||Area of Specialization
|Ms. Seema Kumari
M.A., M.Phil., NET
||Electoral Politics and Political thought
|Dr. Monika Soni
M.A., NET , Ph.D
|Mr. Akhil U S
M.A., UGC-NET, Ph.D (Pursuing)
||International Politics, Political Thought and Theories
M.A. , UGC- NET
||Political Thought, International politics
M.A. , UGC- NET
||Indian Government and Politics
All facilities and infrastructure provided by the college- class rooms, lecture theatres, library, seminar halls, IT centre and so on
- National Webinar on “Emerging Situation in Afghanistan and the Changing Geopolitical Realities: India’s Interests and Choices” on 18th September 2021
- Help Desk for New Voters Identity Cards on 16 & 17th November 2021
- Constitution Day Celebration and Pledge on 26th November 2021
- Quiz and Declamation Contest on 15th December 2021
- Organized 9th SD MUN (Model United Nation) on the theme- “ Buland-e- Shakhsiyat” from 15- 16th January 2022
- The Electoral Literacy Club celebrated National Voters day on 25th January 2022 by organizing an online essay writing competition
- Voters Pledge on 25th January 2022.
- Ballot Bistro Classroom discussion on 30th April 2022.
- Organised 8th SD MUN (Model United Nation) on the theme- “SOZ-E-YAQEEN”
- Online Declamation Competition on United Nations (UN) Day – 24th October 2020.
- National Webinar on “The Role of Supreme Court in Expansion and Protection of Fundamental Rights of Citizens”
- Online Poster Making Competition on Constitution day – 26th November 2020.
- “Lines That Speaks Future” – A Debate cum Discussion Competition on 18th December 2020.
- Help Desk for New Voters Identity Cards.
- Electoral Literacy Club celebrated National Voters day on 25th January 2021 by organizing PPT Presentation competition.
- Online Elocution Competition on the theme of federalism in India on 30th April 2021.
- Organised 7 th SD MUN (Model United Nation) on the theme, “ZIMANE AZADIYE”
- Inter College Declamation contest to celebrate 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Expert lecture by Padma shri Dr. Ravindra Kumar, former vice chancellor Chaudhary Charan Singh University
- National Election Verification Training Programme
- Help Desk for New Voters Identity Cards
- Celebration of National Voters day on 25th January 2020
- Organised 6 th SD MUN (Model United Nation)
- Inter-college declamation contest
- Celebration of Voters day by organizing Poster Making and Cartoon Making competitions
- Student selected for Internship programme conducted by Lok Sabha, New delhi
- Organised trip to Punjab and Haryana High Court
- Screening of Documentary, Samvidhan- Making if the Indian Constitution.
- Organised 5th SD MUN on the theme, “Fen Nieuw.”
- Electoral literacy club of department conducted inter-college declamation contest.
- Organised UGC sponsored Moot Court on Human Rights with Dr. Vinay Kapoor Mehra, State Information Commissioner as the keynote speaker.
- Organised talk on “Women atrocities- A fast growing menace to healthy society” by Dr. Charanjit Singh.
- Screening of a Documentary
- Extension Lecture by Dr. Sucha Singh Gill on Life and philosophy of Bhagat Singh.
- Seminar on Violence , Memory, Identity.
- Visit to Vidhan Sabha( Haryana)
- Samvidhan-Making of the Constitution.
- Visit to Haryana Legislative Assembly
- Visit to High Court
- Seminar on Domestic Violence