Library Advisory Committee: Rules And Regulations
Since the library has to cater to the needs of variety of clientele such as faculty, postgraduate and undergraduate students as well as non-teaching staff, a wider range of subject fields are to be represents in our book stock with prime thrust for meeting the needs of the students and faculty members. Beside this, for smooth functioning of the library and safe guarding the interest of all sections of the library users, formation of policies in a judicious manner, an infrastructure is needed for the library. To meet all the above objectives the library is advised by the Library Advisory Committee with the following representatives.
Constitution and functions
The committee shall consist of the following:
- Five senior Faculty members from different departments
The duties and functions of the committee are as under:
- The duties and functions of the committee are as under:
- To look into day to day problems of the library clientele, library staff and send recommendations to the Principal and Management for desired decision.
- To consider and put forward the views of faculty members regarding books/journals selection, ordering process etc.
- To consider and put forward the views of students regarding their problems and solutions sought thereof.
To meet the above said objectives the following staff members are hereby appointed members of the Library Advisory Committee.
Library committee: Dr. Balraj Thapar (Convener)
1. Mrs. Madhu Sharma (Department of English)
2. Dr. Navneet Batra (Head, Department of Biotechnology)
3. Mrs. Monica Sethi (Department of Information Technology)
4. Mr. Gurpreet Singh (Head, Librarian)
5. Mrs. Preeti Vohra (Department of Economics)